...Swiss Alps, 2008

Monday, May 21, 2012

Boston

One doesn't need to go across the ocean to have an adventure or learn something new. This visit to Boston is a great reminder of that! What a delightful day I had at my cousins graduation yesterday. Actually she is my 2nd cousin and I was so proud watching her give the student speech at the ceremony. She and some friends arranged a lovely lunch after the morning graduation and when I was meeting her boyfriend's family and was introduced as the cousin from Colorado, we found out that even though they now live in Minnesota, they are all from Denver. Small world, to be sure! Relatives still live in Denver and they are a family of doctors and we even go to some of the same doctors, I've chosen well apparently. So nice to meet the family. My cousin now goes on to work for the federal government and her boyfriend is going to be part of a special program and will be teaching middle school in Harlem, a very dedicated young man. ~~~ Dinner last night was at a Cuban seafood restaurant and my paella was served looking like a masterpiece. However, I have a favorite Cuban food, it is the mojo sauce, and that was to die for! Very different than the one I love in Denver at Cuba, Cuba, but outstanding just the same! I'm sure it wasn't nearly as healthy, they used butter rather than olive oil, but for a one time pleasure, it was wonderful. I'm quite sure I won't find myself in Watham, Mass. again. ~~~ Today is a birthday lunch for my cousin, on a yacht in Boston harbor. That should be nice too, even though the skies are clouding up and it may be a bit wet. After the birthday celebration I will be dropped off at a hotel near the airport and will have the afternoon and evening to explore Boston. What I decide to do might depend on the weather, but I'm thinking of visiting Paul Revere's home. ~~~ Oh, about the something new, the holiday inn express has a pancake machine...so I learned how to use it. I've never seen a pancake machine before! You put your plate under it and then push a button, in a matter of minutes two pancakes drop onto your plate! They were hot, smelled delicious and tasted great! I thought I was pretty good pouring the batter into waffle machines and making my own waffles, and now I can do the pancakes too. I'm turning into quite the cook! ~~~ And that is the latest from Boston!

1 comment:

MileHiMB said...

Hey Mitzi, hope you are having a very Happy Birthday! Best wishes to you.

--Murray